Must-see destinations to make the most of a seven-hour stop off in Helsinki, Finland.
• Helsinki Cathedral is the symbol of the city, an Empire-style Lutheran church all gleaming and white and beloved by the locals.
• The National Museum of Finland offers up a crash course in Finnish history, tracking the genesis of the country and its people.
• If you are a fan of buildings with columns, then you will love the Finnish Parliament, with 14 impressive columns giving drama to this imposing civic building.
• The chocolate box historic buildings of Tori Quarters were used as administrative offices for decades but are now being reinvented as funky cafés, restaurants and boutiques.
• Esplanade Park is where Finns come to relax on the lawns and listen to the concerts that take place in the sunshine during summer.