We asked a wide array of locals in varied destinations across the globe – everyone from hotel owners to concierges to authors to museum curators to floral designers and more – to share their insights and tips on the places we Australians can’t wait to get back to or visit for the first time once some semblance of normal returns to our lives. Here, you’ll find all their tips curated into 107 Insider Guides to help you start dreaming and planning for a return to travel. Are you ready to get out there and see the world again? Read the below to begin.
Insider travel guides
Top Travel Deals
Japan Business Class Upgrade – offer extended
Book a selected departure of Discover Japan or Japan Uncovered tours by 16 October and upgrade your flights to Business Class for only $999 per person, return!
- Feel like a VIP with Wendy Wu Tours
- Choose from two Wendy Wu best-selling Japan Tours
- Deposit of just $99 per person
Save up to $1500 on 2021-2023 Hurtigruten Cruises
Save up to $1,500 per cabin on selected 2021, 2022 and 2023 journeys, with Hurtigruten’s New Year Global Expedition Sale.
- Back by popular demand: Antarctica All-Inclusive with Flights
- Choose from 10 extraordinary destinations
- Book by 20 February 2021
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji includes F$1000 resort credit
Includes 6 nights in a Garden View suite with breakfast daily, return airport transfers, F$1000 food & beverage credit + 20% off Harmony Spa. Plus two kids under 12 stay & eat free!
Free meals & free nights at Castaway Island Resort Fiji
Includes 5 nights’ accommodation in an Island Bure, breakfast, lunch & dinner daily, extensive resort facilities and activities, return airport transfers & complimentary Kids Club.
The Heart of the North West Passage
Enjoy 7 nights on board Quark Expeditions’ brand new luxury vessel, Ultramarine for the ultimate Arctic experience. Includes 1 free scenic helicopter ride!
- Includes 7 nights on board and a night pre & post in Toronto City
- Wildlife viewing opportunities like nowhere else one earth
- The chance to step foot when next to no has ever ventured before
Cortina…home of the 2026 Winter Olympics
Find out more about this beautiful and enchanting Cortina…the perfect European Winter holiday location.
- Situated in the heart of the Dolomite Mountains
- Fantastic shopping and boutiques.
- Experience the infamous Italian luxury lifestyle prior to the 2026 Winter Olympics
Fly Free to Japan
Fly Free to Japan with Wendy Wu Tours on a wide range of their popular tours in 2021/22. Secure your spot with a deposit of only $99pp and save $1,000pp!
- Choose from their best-selling tours
- Every tour features Wendy Wu Tours pioneering Travel Safe protocols
- Book and Travel with Confidence – $99pp deposit
Discover beautiful Cortina
Cortina will be the host of the 2026 Winter Olympics. Find out more about this picturesque mountain location in the heart of the Dolomite mountains!
- Fantastic shopping, accommodation and restaurants
Up to 35% off Quark Antarctica Adventures 2021/2022
20% off standard, 25% off premium cabins, plus 10% pay in full discount. Book and deposit by 30 September 2020.
- December 05-13 2021 + February 21- March 03 2022
- Book and deposit by 30 September 2020
- Quote ‘International Traveller Australia’ by 31 July 2021 to receive a $250 USD on board credit
Unwind with the Family at Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
Includes 7 nights in family friendly ocean deluxe room with breakfast daily, return transfers, My Fiji VIP arrival, exclusive My Fiji Island experience, beach massages, plus more!
The best places to travel in 2021
Need more inspiration? From a curated list of all the hottest destinations to travel to in 2021 to more in depth guides and listicles on some of our favourite destinations around the world; keep reading to start planning your next trip.
After what could best be described as a tough year, it’s time to start dreaming again. The thrill of getting out your passport...
A glacier hike in the Swiss Alps makes for one adventurous outing, writes Mark Daffey. Ever heard of Switzerland’s Great Aletsc...
A hotel you can only reach by train, mountain bike or on foot? You’ll find it high in the spectacular Swiss Alps, of course. Fo...
Basel might not be one of Switzerland’s most prominent destinations, but there’s plenty to enjoy in this cultured and surprisi...
Travelling to the white continent is the ultimate bucket list adventure, but it’s one that comes with a great deal of responsibi...