Must-see destinations to make the most of a seven-hour stop off in Cozumel, Mexico.
• Wonder at the Mayan ruin of San Gervasio, thought to be a sanctuary of Ixchel, the goddess of fertility; its history stretches from 100BC to the 16th century.
• Walk the streets of El Cedral, a village built around the ruins and dating back to 800AD.
• Located in San Miguel, the main town in the area, the Museo de la Isla de Cozumel details the Mayan history of the island, with a thatched Mayan hut (or na) located in the courtyard.
• As the name suggests, you can go swimming with stingrays at Stingray Beach; it’s all very safe for both you and the creatures themselves.
• Walk the streets of San Miguel taking in the hustle and bustle and colour of tourists and street vendors and locals.