Get under the skin of London with our pick of the city’s best tours.
Open Bus Tours
A bus tour of London is almost non-negotiable for London first-timers (and second-timers, we could argue), particularly on a tight schedule.
It’s an efficient overview and introduction to the great city and will help you get your bearings.
The two major operators are the Big Bus Company and the Original London Sightseeing Tour. Just find a bus stop, look up and if it has the logo – wait for the bus.
In a city this big, and with this much history, walking tours are as prolific as mice in the underground.
There are Jack the Ripper tours, ghost tours, art tours, photography tours and guys-with-maps tours to name a few. Here are our recommendations:
- Art, photography and fashion tour with Fox and Squirrel
- Historical tour with Old Map Man
- Street art tour with Street Art London
- Spooky walking tour with London Ghost Tours
- General city landmarks, Jack the Ripper and everything-in-between tour with London Walks
- Foodie tour with Eating London Tours
With London being home to such an epic array of sports, each of the major EPL team grounds (if you don’t know what that means you won’t care) will have a tour.
Here are some of the best tours of London’s top sporting Meccas:
- Tennis – Wimbledon
Underground: Wimbledon Park / Wimbledon
- Cricket – Lord’s Tour
Underground: St John’s Wood
- Rugby – Twickenham Tour
Train: Twickenham from Waterloo
Note: London Olympic Park is now called Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Tours