With 1.4 million Aussies choosing to cruise last year*, it’s no wonder there’s a bounty of phenomenal deals on incredible vessels to choose from. Whether you’re keen for a European adventure, or have exploring the Kimberleys on your bucket list – there’s a cruise, and a suitable discount – to suit.
Whether you’re a cruise virgin, or a long term advocate for sea holidays – finding a trip with a suitable price tag is both a thrill and reward. The great part is, you don’t need to look very far.
We’ve done the hard yards for you, rounding up the very best domestic and international cruise deals on offer at the moment; some including return flights, others with over $1000 saving per person – and some with more free inclusions than all of those irritating car sales ads put together.
Here are the deals, as presented on the TODAY Show with Karl and Georgie – and a few added extras we just had to tell you about.
MSC Fantasia, cruising the West Mediterranean over 7 nights.
Price (inclusive of the discount)
- Inside cabin $804 per person
- Ocean view cabin $1,284 per person
- Balcony $1,424 per person.
Total savings in dollars (Sizzling Summer Sale promotion rate versus Brochure rate):
- Inside cabin, save $595 per person
- Ocean view cabin, save $695 per person
- Balcony cabin, save $795 per person
Viking Cruises 15-day Grand European Tour
Price: $5,995pp including return economy class flights.
Saving: Up to $5,600 per couple. Includes all onboard meals, a shore excursion in every port, wine and beer with lunch and dinner.
Itinerary: Amsterdam to Budapest, or vice versa. 15 days. 12 guided tours. 4 countries (Hungary, Austria, Germany, Netherlands).
Dates: November 6, 2019 departure in a Standard Stateroom
CruiseCo 11-night FLY/STAY/CRUISE package aboard Seven Seas Voyager
With return flights, all-inclusive 7 night cruise, luxury accommodation and 50% off normal fare, this package is really an unbelievable deal.
Itinerary: 11 night fly/stay/cruise package aboard Seven Seas Voyager (Regent Seven Seas) – sail on 5 November 2018 from Monte Carlo to Barcelona. Highlights include Rome, Naples, Marseille and Mallorca
Price: $5,436pp twin share – BUT includes:
- Economy class airfare from Australia to Nice, returning from Barcelona.
- 2 night pre-cruise stay in a Deluxe Sea View Room at the Fairmont Hotel, Monte Carlo,breakfast included
- 7 night cruise from Monte Carlo to Barcelona aboard Seven Seas Voyager
- 2 night post-cruise stay at the Grand Hotel Central, Barcelona, breakfast
- Private car transfers between airport, hotel and port in Nice/Monte Carlo & Barcelona
- Port charges, government fees and air taxes (subject to change)
- FREE Unlimited Shore Excursions
• FREE Unlimited Beverages Including Fine Wines and Premium Spirits
• FREE Open Bars and Lounges PLUS In-Suite Mini-bar Replenished Daily
• FREE Pre-Paid Gratuities
• FREE WiFi throughout the Ship
• FREE 24-Hour Room Service
SAVE $3,000 per couple on Arctic and Antarctic voyages.
American Queen – The largest, most opulent steamboat ever built
8 night journey from New Orleans to Memphis departing 16 December 2018
Price: special fares started from AU$4,295 per person, twin share for a category C – outside stateroom with open veranda
SAVE up to $1000 per person (savings included in the price quoted above)
Limited cabins available – fares valid until 1st of July 2018. Terms and Conditions apply.
APT hot cruise deal
Fly Business Class to Vietnam & Cambodia for $695 including taxes, when booking APT’s 13 Day Vietnam and Cambodia Highlights tour before 30 June 2018.
Price: fares for the 13 day tour are from $6,695 pp twin share. Flying Singapore Airlines, join the leaders in luxury cruising and touring as you discover the rich history and ever changing scenery of South-East Asia.
Itinerary: tour highlights include a 7 day Mekong River Cruise on RV AmaLotus, a visit to World Heritage-listed Angkor Wat and dinner at celebrity chef Luke Nguyen’s restaurant, Vietnam House. Offer valid for all 2018 departures.
Peregrine 10 Day classic Galapagos Islands deal
Escape on a bucket list adventure this Winter with 40% off the 10 July departure of Peregrine Adventure’s 10 day Classic Galapagos Islands trip.
Price: now from $4,530 per person.
Saving: was $7,444 per person in a twin share cabin.
- As you board your vessel, M.Y Grand Queen Beatriz, and follow in the footsteps of Charles Darwin, you will encounter nature at its finest.
- Explore the islands from on deck, on foot and in the water, no doubt with your eyes open for your next unique sight.
- You’ll encounter giant Galapagos tortoises, blue-footed and masked boobies, pelicans and frigate birds, as well as land and marine iguanas, sea lions, fur seals and perhaps dolphins, whales and sea turtles.
Genting Dream – cruise from Singapore
5 night cruise in a Balcony Stateroom from $806pp, twin share.
Choose from a Balcony Stateroom to Palace Suite to book 1st and 2nd guests at 60% off, and 3rd / 4th guests at free base fare. Applies to 5N (Sun), 3N (Sun), and 2N (Wed) cruises embarking in Singapore.
At every turn, expect upscale comfort and pleasure that redefines the cruise experience:
- Staterooms – Be pampered in luxurious fittings — in fact, more than 70% of cabins are balcony staterooms.
- Recreation – Experience memorable thrills at the 6-slide Water Park, Rock Climbing Wall and Ropes Course.
- Wine & Dine – Enjoy the variety of over 35 food and beverage concepts
- Crystal Life – Be rejuvenated with the largest Asian and Western spa facilities at sea
- The Palace – Indulge with our ship within the ship concept with 142 suites
What’s Included in My Cruise Fare
When you book, your cruise fare will already include port charges, taxes, and fees, except gratuities (payable onboard). Your booking comes inclusive of:
- Your choice deluxe accommodation.
- Sumptuous meals at inclusive restaurants.
- World-class entertainment.
- Access to beautifully designed leisure facilities.
To book and for more information, go here or call 1300 658 666
Royal Caribbean Mates Rates Sale
Take a mate and save up to 60% off. Plus 30% off third and fourth guests.
Itinerary: 9 night South Pacific cruise departing Sydney on 14 November 2018, on-board Ovation of the Seas.
Saving: $2068 for 2 people, twin share, save $1090
Travel the world with Windstar Cruises
Experience Paradise by Sailing Yacht with Windstar Cruises
Silversea all-inclusive Asia adventures
Fantastic all-inclusive Asia deals on select Asian cruises for 2018 & 2019 summer:
– FREE economy flights (or upgrade to business for $1999pp)
– 1 night free pre-cruise hotel stay
– Free transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to ship and ship to airport
– Free shore excursions in every port
Norwegian Cruise Line free at sea deal
Choose up to 5 free offers including a free beverage package PLUS on-board credit. Amount of saving depends on room type = the more you spend, the more you save.
- 7 day Australia and Tasmania from Sydney. Departs Sydney December 13, returns December 20
Price, our picks:
- An inside cabin: $1,050pp with one FREE option (such as unlimited open bar), plus $100 onboard spend
- An ocean view cabin: $1,252pp with two FREE options (such as unlimited open bar and free specialty dining) plus $120 onboard spend.
The better the cabin, the more inclusions; select up to five FREE options:
- FREE Unlimited open bar
- FREE Shore excursion credits
- FREE specialty dining
- FREE 250 mins WiFi
- Friends and family sail FREE
*The Free at Sea deal is available on Norwegian Jewel Australia and NZ sailings (as well as a range of select sailings worldwide).
P&O reduced deposit offer on sea breaks (short domestic cruises of 3-4 nights)
Four night cruise aboard Pacific Explorer – departs Sydney on 10 December 2018.
- Full price of the cruise in dollars: $399 per person
- Total savings in dollars: the sale is based on reduced deposit, not the cruise fare. So the saving would be pay only $49pp deposit rather than $150pp deposit.
- Full itinerary: Sydney – Moreton Island – Sydney. Cruise is 4 nights in duration.
Note: the reduced deposit offer is available on ALL cruises that are 3-4 nights in duration and that departing on 1 September 2018 and onwards. The above cruise fare is just one of the cruises available.
Other destinations include Melbourne, the Sunshine Coast, the Whitsundays, Hamilton Island, Kangaroo Island. Great, affordable domestic cruise breaks for 3-4 days.
- On-sale dates: Starts on Tuesday 29 May and ends on Tuesday 5 June
11 Day Kimberley Expedition Cruise – Broome to Darwin or Darwin to Broome.
Price: $4,400 per person for class 5, 6 and 7 cabins.
Saving: Saving of at least $1,400pp – Standard prices start at $5,800pp for a class 7 cabin.
To book and for more information, call 1300 874 707.
*according to CLIA 2017 research.