Buckle up your helmet – here we have six beautiful cycling holidays you probably didn’t even know existed.
A pioneer of responsible tourism, responsibletravel.com encourages people to travel like a local, and what better way to see what the locals see than by heading off the well-worn tourist trail on a bicycle?
Here they have suggested six cycling holidays you probably didn’t even know existed:
1. A cycling safari through East Africa taking in rainforest, savannah plains and out-of-the-way villages.
2. A desert odyssey through Jordan, from Petra to Wadi Rum and onto the Dead Sea.
3. Coast to coast in India, from Kerala across the plains of Tamil Nadu to the Bay of Bengal.
4. The amateur Tour de France or l’Etape du Tour which, while very serious, is mercifully a lot shorter than the real thing at just five days.
5. Riding across the top of the world in Tibet.
6. A gastronomic adventure through Spain’s abundantly delicious Costa Brava, on Spain’s north-east coast.