Silversea’s award-winning small luxury ships take you where others simply cannot go in elegant, relaxed sophistication. The extraordinary SCOPE of Silversea Cruises is breathtaking, with 264 itineraries sailing to more than 800 destinations on all seven continents in 2017, and more than 1000 in 2018 – more than any other cruise line.
***This article was created in conjunction with our sponsors Silversea***
Silversea’s nine small luxury ships are designed for discovery and indulgence. All accommodations are spacious, ocean-view suites that include butler service, and most include private verandas as well as the ease and value of an all-inclusive cruise. With a staff to guest ratio of nearly one to one, needless to say, service is highly personalised.
An all-inclusive Silversea Expeditions cruise offers intimate and comfortable purpose-built expedition ships. Immersing you in the world’s most unspoiled landscapes and untouched countries in luxury, they have the best crew-to-guest ratio in expedition cruising and an Expedition Team of the highest calibre. Purpose-built expedition ships are designed with the latest technologies to ensure maximum comfort and safety while a fleet of Zodiacs allows guests to explore every location.
With less than 300 elegant all-veranda suites, Silver Muse possesses unmatched flexibility with more connecting suites and larger, higher-category suites. She will redefine open-air cruising with three alfresco restaurants and lounge areas plus an unprecedented, spacious pool deck. Eight superb restaurants mean more choice than any other ultra-luxury ship.
With Silversea’s small luxury ships you can explore the world’s most intriguing destinations.
From the jungle to the desert, uncover extraordinary wildlife, sandy beaches and exotic spices.
· Stay at the exclusive Gorah Camp and watch elephants amble past, or take a scenic flight over the Namib desert
· Stroll the tea markets of Zanzibar and spice markets of Colombo
· Discover the little known atoll of Aldabra, see lemurs in Madagascar or visit the extraordinary animal island of Sir Bani Yas
Awaken your soul to the wonder of a place untouched by humanity.
· Set foot on the continent and mainland of Antarctica; marvel at spectacular iceberg sculptures and calving glaciers
· Enjoy the southernmost afternoon tea
in the world
· Spot Antarctic fur seals, Adelie Penguins and watch for a host of whale species
Tick off the bucket-list beauty of Ha Long Bay, experience the thundering waterfalls of Koh Samui, or witness the world’s largest mangrove forest in Bangladesh.
· Stand before the Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, encrusted with diamonds
· Glory in the exquisite cherry blossom of Takamatsu
· Shop among the kaleidoscopic colours of Saigon markets
Experience the best of your backyard from The Kimberley and New Zealand’s breathtaking scenery, to the massive mountains and deserted atolls of Papua New Guinea.
· Fly over the Bungle Bungle Range, and view thundering waterfalls and plunging gorges
· Cruise Milford Sound and Dusky Sound for penguin spotting
· Enjoy discovering local Melanesian tribes to learn about their crafts and customs
Island-hop in Greece, sun yourself in Sardinia, explore Svalbard where the polar bear roams freely, sail down the River Thames, or discover the Russian Far East, a fantasyland of stunning volcanic landscapes.
· Experience the Cannes Film Festival and
the Grand Prix in Monaco
· Be inspired by Iceland’s fiery scenery
and Viking history
· Photograph a variety of Russian wildlife including walrus, fur seal, otter, red fox and the enormous Kamchatka brown bear
Try open-jaw itineraries that allow more time in each port, or explore a more remote, untouched Alaska.
· Embark on a helicopter adventure and dogsled outing on Alaska’s Mendenhall Glacier
· Take off by floatplane on a unique brown bear and wildlife adventure
· Imagine blinking American lighthouses and lobster bakes, historic cities and fishing ports
Escape to the yachting havens of the Lesser Antilles, here bigger ships cannot go, explore the bone-dry Atacama Desert, or discover the Lost City of the Incas in Machu Picchu.
· Cruise narrow Amazonian channels or enjoy an iconic Panama Canal transit
· Explore the cloud forests of Costa Rica or the Mayan ruins of Central America
· Hike up the sides of an extinct Galapagos volcano and across incredible lava flows, or discover green sea turtles, marine iguanas, sea lions and manta rays
After an extensive refurbishment, Silver Cloud will set a new standard of luxury in expedition travel. Along with five dining options and a two-storey state-of-the-art theatre, her service and space ratios are the highest in expedition cruising. Purpose-built with a 1C Ice Class hull, Silver Cloud can carry up to 260 guests, limited to 200 guests in polar waters. With 18 new Zodiacs and a team of 19 expedition guides, all guests can go exploring at the same time.
“Silversea expeditions appeals to anyone who is seeking something unique while travelling, a once in a lifetime adventure” – Magdalena L. on Silver Discoverer
Plan ahead and save 10% – For more information, visit silversea.com